How to Relax Fast
Why is knowing how to relax fast important?
Why should you learn how to relax fast? Because stress is more than just unpleasant. It’s also dangerous. Many diseases are now known to be caused by or made worse by stress, but you can do something about it. Try these relaxation techniques today and use them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
10 Tips to Relax Fast
1. Take a hot shower- The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful activities helps too.
2. Play relaxing music- Experiment to see which music relaxes you the most effectively. Then keep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, or wherever you’ll need it most.
3. Go somewhere else- This really helps if the things stressing you out are in the room or associated with it. Why not get out for a little while?
4. Have a cup of chamomile tea- Chamomile seems to have a calming effect on the nerves, and hot drinks in general can help you relax.
5. Watch your mind- If you can spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to make), you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
6. Have a laugh- Of course, you know from experience that this helps you relax, right? Find the guy that knows all the best jokes, or just find something funny in front of you.
7. Breath deep through your nose- Close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. Five slow deep breaths is like a mini-meditation.
8. Take a walk- Walking is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare. Find a pretty place to walk while you’re at it.
9. Give someone a hug- As long as it’s from somebody you don’t mind hugging, this really can be very relaxing.
10. Interrupt your routine- Stop to talk to that guy sleeping on the bench or eat lunch on the roof. Anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
Take it Slow
Over time these little activities or changes can help you feel more relaxed. Of course, if the thought of the work involved in this just stresses you more, you might want to take it slow. In the meantime, the relaxation techniques above really aren’t difficult, so why not try a few, and learn how to relax fast.
*This information is not to be taken as medical advice. If you or a loved one are experiencing undue amounts of stress, check in with your medical provider or go to the nearest emergency department.
Discover Your Positive Intelligence
The better we get to know ourselves, the better we communicate and the better leaders we become.